I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

3.25.2008

how about that

i go from the picture in the below post to this youtube video...it's somber, but touching none the less:



Walter Schneller was my neighbor growing up and one of my best friends in that time was his son. Growing up on the campus of the school pretty much made all faculty children friends, even though I was younger by 4 years to the majority of the other kids.

Not much else to say but I think it's a touching salute that Keith Olbermann will devote time in his show to someone he met over 30 years previous. It's nice to see those kinds of feelings and emotions for someone you knew at such an early part of your life. I'm 27 years old and have lost touch with numerous acquaintances, teachers and friends over the short 9 years it's been since high school ended. I'm not alone in this either, as anyone reading this undoubtedly has done the same.

I watched this on Countdown last night and thought it was nice, until the final 20 seconds when the camera came back on Olbermann and he had his touching comments on the way Mr. Schneller affects his life to this day. My favorite part was the final word, "Goodbye". No rest in peace. Something about the finality of the goodbye touched me more than the rest of the 1.5 minute farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home