I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

3.29.2006

Is you talking to me, mein?

Today I have been engaged in a war on two fronts. The first started in fantasy baseball. That's all I have to say about that...except I wasn't even fighting or trying to make a point, but...enough

The second one was at work. There are these two chairs I have been trying to get my hands on for a year. I finally got one yesterday. I came in this morning and it had been taken back by the office mate of the person who gave it to me. Long story short, I decided to do what I do best: try to make a joke of the situation while the other person is not in a joking mood. So I start with a little "legalize" and move onto the facts of the case. I believe I have a pretty strong case. I even get the support of my boss by presenting the facts. Then, after a few back and forth emails with the person also fighting for the chair, I drop a line similar to "If this is not a joking situation, I will stop writing emails now. If this is a joking situation...."

No replies yet. This was over an hour and a half ago....I guess she wasn't joking.

I have the chair.

So, I guess this is what I do best...except, I've never won one of these situations before. I either cave because I don't want to be an asshole or someone higher up than me tells me I am wrong and to calm down and to do whatever the other person is mad at me for. It's how I was raised. I think I get it from my brother, which is odd, because really the only thing he gave me is an inferiority complex which I try to over come by being loud and sometimes obnoxious....check it out, there's a bag over there with a cat in it...cool.

I'm almost proud of my work war today, though. I had an argument, I had evidence and I even retained a witness to the case. I was quite impressed only because I was trying to use the things I have "learned" here at the office. That's the kind of stuff you can't learn in a text book...actually it is, but no one would ever read it due to the boredom factor.

I think I'm trying to hard today. There really isn't anything else for me to write about. I was running today and thought of something funny and then thought to myself that I should put it on here but then I said to myself "That won't happen because you won't remember what the hell you were thinking about anyway"....I was right. What the hell was I thinking? Man, I would like to know that. It could have been something cool like running along DC and then finding a secret tunnel somewhere and at the end of it was the leprechaun in the youtube video along with the second gunman from the grassy noll as well as osama, tupac and biggie. that would be an awesome tunnel to find yourself in. good music, plenty of weapons, a green midget that has access to a pot of gold and a sniper...i'd say i would be pretty safe in their presence, though to become one of them i'd have to prove that i proved that i didn't exist...and that's a whole lot to prove on top of the fact it would be hard to prove that.

my head is spinning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed - I have to admit, I had not been on your blog for some time, but I was just going through my bookmarks, and saw your link, and thought, "what the hell - maybe Ed has posted some of his wacky rantings of late, and I should peruse them." Lo and behold, you did, and I was entertained.

And you are right, I would not know the different size of planes without looking them up.

Here is something you should look up:

http://www.stuffonmycat.com

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home