I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

2.14.2006

It's me, so it's bound to come out the wrong way

so i got my new officemate today. i walk in and the computer is set up and their are personal items on the desk and everything. i knew this was happening, she knew this was happening, the boss knew this was happening and every other paralegal knew this was happening. i spoke about this with most of the paralegals and the boss. i never asked for a new officemate, in fact lobbied hard against it. i figured since it was guaranteed to happen and everyone was informed of this, the least that could happen was that the new officmate would at least roll up and let me know it was going down.

this did not happen. so now, i am at a loss for what my next action will be. i can:
A. Ask her why she never came to me and asked if this was ok (fyi, there are currently 3 other shared offices with only one person in them)
B. not say anything and just give off venom for let's say, the next 6 months
C. deal with it and move on amicably
or
D. realize that it will likely not be such a big deal and at the same time understand that i will probably enjoy work more since i will have someone to joke around with.


but this is me and qp so we all know what's going to happen...in fact, all four of the above are going to happen. firstly, i'm going to start with B. make petty jokes like i'm cool with it, but at the same time in no way make an effort for conversation...let is stew boy let it stew. as time goes on, there will be feelings of C but these feeling will be lost when A comes out. good old "i told myself i wasn't going to do this but here it comes and oh man i can't believe i am saying this and why can't i stop but i just keep going oh no i just said something i didn't mean and now i have to make something up to get me out of that tight spot and oh no another mistake and holy shit i am going to get fired for being such an asshole but since i'm going to get fired i should just drop the mother of all bombs(HELLO NSA) so that people will never forget me and oh man i hope someone just recorded that because no one will believe i just said that" and now i'm spent. so once that happens and i hopefully am still gainfully employed, i guess i will move onto D. but come on. how well do you people know me? this is definately something i will be bitching about well into the 2008....but at least we'll have something to talk about during the summer olympics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. I can completely empathize with you in that I share an office with not one other person, but more like 20. The empathy is that the rare moments in which I am alone in the office make me realize just how incredible it would be if it were in fact- my office and my offic e alone.
I don't have any advice for you "Q.P.", except that, like in AA- acknowledging that there is a problem is the first step.

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home