I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

4.19.2006

an update...on me!

one day a week drinking is done. i think i may have "matured" a little as a result of my experiment.

last night there was a (free) work happy hour. we went to clyde's in chinatown. this spot is pretty cool. i recommend it to the highest, if not for the quality of food, bartenders, etc but because when you walk in, there is a mural of babe ruth hitting a home run for the yankees in fenway park.

anyway, the night starts slow, goose and tonic, do it. so i'm slowly sipping away where it's an hour into the happy hour and i only have had two drinks. maturing, right? kind of. in this time i started my, "i've had one drink i'm wasted comment" that i use to awkward situations. how can i make this worse, you ask? someone wasn't drinking to which i responded, "is it because you're jewish and it's passover?" no response....so i throw out the "you're jewish, right?" she wasn't. oops, my bad. good for the blog, though, good for the blog.

so then there is this dude i work with who drinks screwdrivers. the kid is cool and all, really nice guy but i decided it was time to tell him it's not ok to drink screwdrivers. he counters with it's his favorite drink to which i respond it once was everyone's favorite drink...when they were 15. honestly, when john starks was busy blowing game 7 of the 1994 nba finals against the rockets, i was having my first alcoholic beverage...a screwdriver. i'm pretty sure the last one i had was when i was 16 and after sharing that story, i found out most people had no idea when the last time was they had a screwdriver...probably because it was so long ago.

so nothing too crazy. i got back to the "house of my gash"...actually, that's factually inaccurate...it's an apartment, where she looks at me and asks how hard i am trying to not act wasted...i was trying pretty hard. but i didn't do anything too overboard and for that, i fear i might be "maturing"...unless you add sparks to the equation and then odds are i walk home from the bar with nothing on except for my tie, which i have tied around my [filter] just enough so as to not get a ticket for public indeceny...

i got in the metro today and there were people offering flyers about secret death camps in china where they take your organs out as a way of torturing you because you believe in a religion where the government doesn't control your mind...not that you act up, you just are "guided by the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance." I guess that will teach those damn friendly people to be understanding of others. actually, if any of you remember back to my freshman year at gw, this might sound familiar. i got one of those forwards where a guy was down in the Caribbean and met this girl. one thing led to another, a few drinks here and there and all of a sudden, this dude wakes up in a bathtub of ice missing a kidney with a note saying "Call 911 or you will die". pretty much, that's the last thing i ever want to have happen to me...it freaked me out...and still does. so i feel for these people...to the point where i can't even attempt a joke because:
a. that would be too offensive for me and
b. is anything i write on here even considered a joke? i mean, we could call it an attempt at a joke or rambling nonsense.

oh well. thanks for the feedback.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, I'm mad jewish and now I'm a mad jew. Where do you, QP, get off talking about the beaked brotherhood like that?! Grow some nuts, QP, and then come tell me to my face, unless you're scared of a little pecker?

11:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home