I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

11.09.2007

Purgatory

wow. what started as just another day has turned into 48 hours of pure misery and hell.

first, we lose to nWo 1-0.

then my work

BACK UP! WHAT THE HELL? WE LOST TO NwO?

crap. yes. yes we did. oops, i guess? QP Live and Me: Brought to you by the Faygo Nation has lost. I'm not sure what is more depressing, us losing or the Isotopes losing during the Dancin Homer days. I'm going to go with equally tragic since we're comparing a cartoon to kickball, which, if you think about it, are both similar in the way that they are great for kids to enjoy and kind of fun to laugh at adults who continue to enjoy them.

So we lost.

It was a pretty good game. I would say the reason they won was that their pitcher and catcher played great D, their first basemen never had that crucial error and their third baseman, while definitely the angriest man to ever walk the earth, was fast as hell, played amazing D and was fast as hell. Our leadoff hitter had started every game of the year by getting on base...but the 3rd basemen charged the ball perfectly and then pegged our guy out just before he hit the bag. It was intense...well, as intense as kickball gets anyway.

From there, it was just a battle. They scored their run on a base hit to the outfield with 2 outs after the same angry giant got to second on an "error". Our first basemen was upset for not letting a short pop up go foul. In the effort to catch it, the spin on the ball, plus how low it was made it really hard to catch and it popped out of his hands. He touched it while he was in fair territory, so it was a fair ball and the dude made it to second. In the end, we just couldn't make the plays that would have earned us a victory.

We had 2nd and 3rd with no outs and hit into double play. In the last inning, we had a guy on first with 1 out and on a bunt, he got thrown out at second. We ended up with 1st and 2nd, but we got called out on a close play at first on another bunt. If she had gotten on, I would have come up with the bases loaded and 2 out. It would have been scary. I'm getting nervous just thinking of that situation...but it would have been wonderful to come up in that and possibly kick in the winning run. Because that's what we do at QP Live and Me dot blogspot dot come. We kick things in places people can only watch and react to...usually it's something in the house and the doctor looks at me like I'm acting like a 3 year old, but it can translate to kickball.

So I wasn't too upset...but I was looking for a place to take out my anger. I've never masturbated harder in my life than last night. I drew so much blood and lost so much skin that it was just hand on exposed muscle by the end. Needless to say, I ended up at the ER last night with a bleeding crotch. I wasn't all that embarrassed though. I'm practically Opus Dei, so pain is how I atone for kickball sin.

None of that is true.

I did eat stuff crust pizza for dinner. I was riding my bike home and going over the list of usual dinner spots and was getting frustrated. Then I remembered the stuff crust pizza commercials I've been seeing while watching 20 episodes of Law & Order: CI / SVU in the last 2 weeks and said out loud while riding "OH HELL YES". It was good and all, but it's never like the commercial where the bitten cheese is holding onto the yet to be torn from the family cheese that remains in the crust...ya know? Like with mozzarella sticks. Man, those are good too. I like cheeeeeese.

So I was able to get over the loss after having trouble falling asleep and then waking up an hour early with it still on my mind by realizing that we can have vengeance so soon....and it is vengeance that I seek....because we get to play 4 games tomorrow. Our tournament, should anyone want to come and heckle/hang out/watch kickball? is at 18th and California on the fields at the Marie Reed Community Center. Our first game is at 11. If we win, the next is at 1. If we win, the next is at 3 and then the finals are at 4. Roll up bitches.

So I was moving on and the day was going slowly but then it came to a halt...because of my work.

Today is a bad day at work.

Today is the day at work that I lost streaming capabilities, so no more Howard Stern Show. Today is the day I lost gchat abilities, so no more seeing awesome gchat away message videos...and even if I find a way around that, today is the day where You Tube and all other video websites have been blocked by our IT. No facebook. No nothing fun. This has yet to be ripped from my cold dead fingers, but how far away can it really be?

1 Comments:

Blogger @-ron said...

Ed, sorry about your kickball loss man, bummer. I was bored so rather than studying for my finals, I caught up on your blog, and I found myself laughing hysterically at the part where you blurted out "that's the ugliest jacket I've ever seen" in your recap of the wedding a couple posts ago. Hilarious, I don't even know why. Also, glad to see you still play Mario Kart. Are you sticking to the N64 version, or have you gone on to the 'cube one? I'm Toad!

12:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home