I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

8.13.2008

Still alive

Yes, I still exist. No, I no longer have lots of motivation to put my knowledge (riiiiight) up here. However, occasionally things happen that need to be put into words, so here we are.

First off, a brief recap of what I've been up to since a month ago when I last took the time to share. Summer training is over, I've been on vacation for the last 1.5 weeks and orientation starts on Monday. QP Live is QP FREAKED OUT. I don't want to talk about it, so I'm not going to talk about it.

QP Live is looking more like circa 2005 QP Live...like in May of '05 when the bad happened. It looked a little like this actually:



Well, needless to say I was pretty freaked out by this and reminded of a not to be discussed incident.

Anyway, so like I said, I'm looking a little bigger these days...mainly because of chicken cutlet sandwiches, a lack of motivation to run a lot and no ultimate. Ultimate really does make the weight go down, but no ultimate means it comes back. Summer was extremely busy, so I didn't have enough time and the proper motivation to run. I knew that I had to start doing something, and I found a new hobbie: swimming. I've been swimming laps for about 30 minutes a day and I love it. I'm pretty surprised that I do considering I only know how to do the freestyle sort of properly and have never swum laps before. But it's hard work...and I learned that it is possible to sweat in a pool. awesome.

Also, there is a new member of the family to speak of. Meet John Dylan Quick! He's my nephew. For any of you that was wondering why my sister looked like she was pregnant at the wedding, well, she was. I just tried to upload a picture for you, but to no avail. Good ole google.

What else. What else. I've been watching non stop Olympics. Seriously. There are 8 different channels I can watch. MSNBC, CNBC, NBC, WJLN (Spanish), USA, UNIHD and then a Korean Olympic channel and a Chinese Olympic channel. The Olympics are super awesome. They do things like make it possible for me to enjoy watching the dumbest of sports (Handball) to having an excuse to just stare at chicks in bathing suits (beach volleyball...womens at least). And I get to ignore the Yankees collapsing. but that's enough about that.

OH YEAH. I'm doing this thing in MarioKart where I beat every level so good that I get stars for my "grade" as opposed to getting a letter grade. Once I get stars for each course, I get that star next to my name when I play online. pretty stupid, right? yes, but I can't stop until I get all the stars.

Lastly, I feel compelled to write about the passing of two people last week: Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes. I'm more of a Bernie Mac guy, but who didn't love Chef.

Bernie Mac was quite frankly awesome. Mr. 3000 was the greatest movie about numbers ever. Well, I was kidding about that, but Bernie Mac was the man in the Ocean's whatever movies...and did you see the movie Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence? Bernie Mac has a few lines, but his best was only 3 words. It happens right around the 1:50 point...and it's worth it:



That dude was just hilarious and I'll miss him.

Onto Isaac Hayes. I heard that he stopped being Chef because of some falling out with the writers of South Park, possibly over the making fun of Tom Cruise for being a Scientologist episode. well, even if that is the case, he can never silence this character:



Well, that's about it for me. I hope everyone has their merc in the right place and all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate you

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home