I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

6.15.2006

What do this picture and me have in common?



So i'm leaving work thursday afternoon around 5:45. My typical route is that i exit the side door and jaywalk through the cars stopped at the red light. Usually the cars are all stacked up and it is rather safe to walk through them to get across the street to get to the metro.

So exit the side door I do. As I exit, the light is turning green, so i don't have much time...and i make a break for it. The first two lanes are all backed up, so I am clear to get through those....the third lane is not backed up and i can't see too clearly, so i decide to make a break for it anyway...it'll be fine, right? even if a car comes, it won't be going fast, so i'll be able to get by it, right? NOPE. so i clear the first two lanes and get to the third and notice a black car bearing down on me...fuck. i try to sprint across and i'm simply not going to make it. the car slams on the brakes and there's just not enough room. I realize i'm going to get hit and as the impact is coming, i make a jump for it...the bumper of my car hits me in the left shin...which is the inside leg. AIRBORNE i go...no joke. i manage to get my left hand down on the hood of the car that hit me, so it looks like i am doing a handstand...skateboard style. the bag around my shoulders swings around my right shoulder and is hanging on my right side. i made contact with the car in the 4th lane that was also stopped, but i'm not sure with which part of my body, possibly my right leg. anyway, my momentum stops as i am practically straight up in the air and i manage to land on my feet. who knows what is going through my head, but the next thing i do is yell out "it's cool" and continue running across the street and down into the metro.

so i'm alive, my shin doesn't even have a bruise or anything...and now all i wonder is if i gave the driver of the car a heart attack or not...and how pissed i would have been at a pedestrian that did that to me.

or how surreal would have it been to see a kid in a tie get jacked up bar a car, land and then disappear into the metro? shady, right?

that's how i roll, brosef.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the answer had to do with you jumping on my freshman year roomates car (who you did not know well enough to be jumping on his car), denting the hell out of it, him getting ready to freak out, and you frantically trying to pop it back into place, which you eventually did. Or it could have been the time in Williams where you took a running start, leapt onto the roof of a civic hatch back and slid over the roof, down the windshield, over the hood and safetly to the ground, or I thought it could have been the time you broke Greg Sanda's windshield, but alas I was wrong.

Good story. You should write all your stories down so they dont suck.

F

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home