I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

6.09.2007

today is a big, big day



DA DA DA DADA DA DA DA DA DADA DA DA

START SPREADING THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEMENS IS PITCHING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO BUFFALO

BILLARDS

TO WATCH THE GAME

and we're back ladies and gentleman.

the rocket is returning to pinstripes today and i'm actually going to get to watch a weekend baseball game. this is unheard of for me. either i'm working or at a frisbee tournament...but today is my day.

today started at 6:30 am with a nice wake up alarm. the doctor and i were running in the "Lawyers Have Heart" 10k run here in DC. that's 6.2 miles. i run a lot but never 6+ miles. i really didn't know how it was going to work out, but it worked out incredibly well. I finished in 45:06, which comes to a 7:16 mile pace. I was really happy with my time since I have never run in a race before in my life. In the end, I finished in 275th place out of around 2000...I think. I really don't know how many people ran, but I finished first out of the 30 or so people who ran from my firm and I am just really excited to have run so well for so long.

I got back to my place this morning at 9:45. I thought I was going to play in the kickball tournament but I found out right before I left that I was not registered with the rest of the team, so no dice for me.

Which left me with exactly nothing to do for 4 hours. So here I am, in washington, dc by myself typing to the 3 people who read this but ARE ALL IN FUCKING OHIO AT POULTRY DAYS. No problem, I'll hang out with the doctor, right? nope...she went out with her friends. It's 10:30 am and I am still left with nothing to do.

but then i realized that CLEMENS IS PITCHING AT 1 PM AND I ACTUALLY GET TO SEE IT.

so i'm kind of excited. i'm going to the bar in 30 minutes and from there i will continue on my way to debauchery.

totally f-ing rad day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Yankees suck!

Wait. What were we talking about? I blacked out when I saw Roger Cleme-

Yankees suck!

Oh. It seems living in Boston has conditioned me to say the above whenever I think of the...pinstri-

Yankees suck!

Shoot. I'm sorry. I really don't feel that way.

2:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home