I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

8.24.2007

Bourne Supremacy

5 days in New York meant 2 movies got watched: The Bourne Supremacy and Super Bad.

Today, we'll discuss Bourne.

After watching the movie, I was not sad...usually I get sad after watching series that I love end. No, sad I was not. Depressed is more like it. But no suicidal, but depressed.

I don't want to get into the specifics of the movie all too much because I don't want to ruin it for anyone out there that hasn't seen it. If you haven't seen any of the Bourne movies, stop reading this right now and go see all three back to back. It's an amazing action trilogy that stays creative, "believable" and fresh.

Now onto the latest:

It was my least favorite of the 3 if only because I knew it was the end and maybe because I was forced to sit pretty close to the screen since the theater we were going to see the movie in was sold out. We hoped on the subway down 1 stop and walked another 4 blocks and we got to see it in a theater that only showed 1 movie and the place was huge. Regardless, for the size of the screen, it would have been nice to be back further because of the shaky camera aspect that has been the theme of the fight scenes through out.

The fight scenes were awesome. Jason Bourne is not to trifled with and I don't care if you have an asset, he will become Bourne's bitch. No doubt. Between the suspense built before the fights or other CIA awesomeness or the fights themselves or the post fight casualness, it left me thinking through out the movie how much I'd like to see pre-amnesia Jason Bourne scout out his targets and take them down...essentially being the CIA asset as opposed to escaping and targeting the asset...Just a thought. I walked out wishing I was a better writer because I'd take on that project and never let the series die.

An added bonus of the movie is that it ended approximately 5 blocks from where I was watching it...I thought that was pretty cool on the whole, "sweet" aspect that means nothing to any of you but I like writing.

There were some things I didn't like about the movie. There were a few times where guys appeared to get totally jacked up only to act as if the major blunt force trauma they just experienced had no affect on them whatsoever. That took away a little of the believability factor. Additionally, as an actor, I just absolutely hate the guy who played the CIA agent in charge of Blackbrier (the new Treadstone). He was the dad in "The River Wild" and he is also the guy who boned Carmela Soprano when she and Tony were separated. Generally, I just don't like his "I sort of look like Bob Saget only Bob Saget from Full House would kick my ass I'm such a bitch" look not "Bob Saget who pimps hoes and will fuck you up Bob Saget" which is much cooler.

So I was into this movie. One lady said she was just waiting for it to end and I debated pushing her in front of a taxi but she was too close to the middle of the sidewalk to pull it off, so I had to let it go.

It was a good story with a ton of cool action scenes and the movie ran just under 2 hours. Definitely worth the money spent to see it in a theater and if you have some free time this weekend or are looking for an alternative to going out to the bars, go check out this movie...unless you're up for a comedy and then you should see Super Bad.

In other news, Truck Stop is playing in this weekend Chesapeake Open in Poolesville, Md. If you're in the DC/MD area and want to see what it's all about, click on the hyperlink, get yourself some directions and roll up. We'll be there both Saturday and Sunday and always love any and all support people can throw our way. Just be prepared for some heat because it will be in the 90s and humid all weekend long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

way to go, TS! beatin up on a team that went to semis in Sarasota last year!

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Beef Supreme said...

chesapeake write-up please, or it doesnt have to be a write-up as this isn't a blog for ultimate, but some highlights would be sweet.

congrats on the weekend, keep on that ramp.

9:54 AM

 
Blogger Beef Supreme said...

by the way, i know this is late, but the actor who played the CIA A-Hole is actually a really good actor (or at least he is a decent chunk of the time). David Straithairn, he was also Edward Morrow in Good Night and Good Luck (amazing in this) and was of course the blind Whistler in Sneakers (highly underrated movie, ridonkulous cast).

$0.02

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home