I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

6.19.2006

Nothing much has happened to me recently...

Except for the figurative vasectomy

Many have heard this by now, but not everyone. I was at the Nationals vs. Yankees games on both Friday and Sunday...the games were great. It was awesome to see the Yankees up close and personal and to see some of the greatest players play. The highlight was definately seeing Mariano Rivera come in the 8th inning on Friday night and shut down the nationals. Bernie Williams hit the game winning home run in the top of the 9th and Mariano closed out the nationals in the bottom of the inning for the win. It was great. I spent the rest of the weekend waiting to get back to the game on Sunday...which was one of the best baseball games I have ever seen. It was fast paced (the game only took 2.5 hours), it was a pitchers duel with plenty of good drama, and the Nationals won with a walk off home run with one out and a runner on in the bottom of the 9th. I couldn't be upset as a Yankee fan with the result because it was just that damn awesome. How many people have been to games where this kind of thing happens? Especially games that the home team comes from behind entering the inning to win in the 9th? It was the first for me and it was sweet. Probably my highlight of the weekend.

Actually, no way.

I got engaged this weekend! Did you? Didn't think so...biatch.

It was fun. I proposed to the doctor by the Washington monument.

The original plan was to do it along the waterfront in georgetown. She had taken the first stage of the med school boards on friday and I was going to take her to dinner after the game...but the game took too long and i had to scrap that plan. So on the way back (driving) from the game, I pulled over by the reflecting pond in front of the Capitol and asked her if she wanted to go for a walk...she didn't. Ouch. She used the excuse that there have been some muggings in the area recently, so we kept driving. Then I pulled over by the washington monument and convinced her to go for a walk around the newly renovated area. So we walk around the monument and then head towards one of the benches at the foot of the monument looking out towards the WWII memorial and Lincoln memorial. As she is looking out, i got the ring out of my pocket and when she turned around, I was down on my knee, with the box open. She said yes, which was nice to hear, but she also asked if I was being serious...I was, so i then asked if she did in fact say yes and she had.

so that's my story. however, i'm not a big fan of the term "fiance" so I think i'm going to refer to her as "my french girlfriend"...because that's how I do.

When I get a good picture of the ring, I'll put it up here, but it's going to take a week since she is in Italy now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed!
Van!
Ed
Van!
Ed!
Van!
STeeeeeeeeeve

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home