I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

8.28.2007

Roots

Roots baby.

I do my best thinking after my bridge workouts. After feeling sorry for myself for not getting pt this weekend, I decided that the best thing to do would be to turn it into a positive and get to work. After working until 1 am last night, I was able to leave today at 5:30, so I came home and took off for the bridge. I ran hard there, stretched, did the bridge workout and then some stairs, followed by a run back.

I do my best thinking on the way back from these workouts and thinking I did. Roots baby. Roots.

So I'm running along Rock Creek Parkway and all these cars are backed up. I decided I wish I was the biggest badass I know and maybe the biggest bad ass ever. Why? Because as I was running along the path and all the cars were backing up at a light, I thought of a really good way to acquire a motorcycle. Wait for some person on a bike to be sitting at a light and jump that mofuka. Just knock him off his bike, throw in a few courtesy punches and stomps for good measure and off I go.

Here are the problems that currently would cause this situation to go awry:

1. I can't drive a motorcycle because I don't know how
2. I am not a badass and to actually get the bike, you'd need to beat a person with a helmet on senseless and that would be pretty hard
3. As my pops has always said, "You're just one of those kids who doesn't get away with anything"...and he's right. So I'd get caught quickly.

Here's how I could rectify this situation:

1. Work in tandem with my boy Bert. He can have the bike and I'll take the credit for the plan, like Verbal Kint.

2. Carry a baseball bat wherever I go. If you lose with a bat, you don't deserve the bike or the credit.

3. According to statistics, a class I never took, I can't get caught every time, so go in with confidence. As I've learned this year, it's all about confidence, no matter what you do.

Roots baby. Quentin P. Live trying to get back to them. Holler at your boy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I'm so fucking in for this.

And if you knock the guy out, but I ride the bike away, they'd probably go after me instead. This way, you could just walk away like Verbal.

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home