I can't be held responsible for the things I say or write...

9.14.2007

wrapping up...

What an odd week...what an odd week indeed.

Generally, things were pretty much normal. So why an odd week? I don't really know. I do know that last night I was very afraid. At the bar after kickball (8-0 win) I was buying a drink for a player on the team we played against (and beat 8-0, don't know if you saw that...we're good). So we're doing that awkward standing next to each other with little to nothing to say to each other when a really awkward looking player from his team comes over. She's pretty short and isn't the most physically gifted person I've ever seen. She asks will I order her a beer. I'm feeling good after our win and the friendliness of their team, so I'm like sure. Then she asks again if I'll buy her a beer. I know I've already said sure, but I guess she doesn't hear me. So I put the order in for 3 beers when she says, "if I flash you, will you order me a beer" to which I respond with "No."

I was not happy. I've never once been asked by a lady if she can flash me for anything. I'm pretty sure that under most circumstances if a girl is like "can I flash you in exchange for...." i would say yes. My standards are not high. Here's a picture of the last person I hooked up with before the doctor. I'm serious when I say that if the option was a swift kick in the junk I'd OK it to see some decent other woman goodness. But this just wasn't happening. I wasn't going for it and I was afraid. I paid for the beer and tried to get away when she went for the kiss on the cheek. I received that and hopped away pretty damn fast. I was not getting caught there and losing my life becoming some awkward kickball girls prisoner because I'd probably end up seeing everything that a parent promises to protect their child from seeing. And away and far away I got to the other side of the bar.

So that was odd.

Kickball was fun though. We won 8-0. They almost scored though, which I would have been pissed about. We have a new catcher, who I think just loves hitting people with the ball at the last possible second before they cross the plate. In our only loss last year, he got me at home about a step before I touched home. In this situation, we pegged a guy at second and the ball rolled into the outfield. The runner tried to score from first. I had run into the outfield and threw it as far back in as I could and it only made it to the pitchers mound. Not to worry. Our catcher picks up the ball, takes a step or two and nails this kid at home. Game over. Shut out preserved. QP Live not going to break anything. Very happy.

I'm not saying that if a team scores on me that I'm going to cry like a bitch...it's just that if a shitty team scores on us, I'm going to be really pissed. First off, it's a runs against league, meaning tie breakers are settled by the number of runs you allow. My goal for this year is 0 runs allowed. Our defense is pretty rediculous, so I think it's pretty possible to make it happen. Even when we get up big and sub in players who are just playing for the first time, they do pretty good.

Tonight I have box seats to the Nationals vs. Braves game. I've been to 1 game all year and stayed for 5 innings. Tonight will be much different. Free beer. Free food. Free parking. So I'm not really going to drink that much, especially with sectionals starting tomorrow, but it's still going to be awesome. Sectionals should be a cake walk, which means I should get to play some more than the last time...so I guess I should drink more....I wonder if the Nationals will mind if I leave my car overnight in their lot? I bet it will still be there in the morning. I doubt they would car...afterall, at this point, they should just be happy they get people out to the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home